The Evolution of The Gin Venture
It seems as though many liquors come in and out of fashion.
As if drinkers are just trying on a pair of bell-bottom pants and zoot suits, then some Reebok Pumps. Then some ironic t-shirts. Ugh. We’re looking at you, scotch. You’re so yesterday.
Fortunately, there is one liquor that tickles the taste buds of everyone at all times. Well, everyone, that is, that loves delicious, refreshing, pallet cleansing and mood enhancing liquors.
Wondering what the true origins of gin are? Well buckle up, hombre, because it’s about to get awesome up in here, pretty quickly:
From its earliest origins in the Middle Ages, gin, a distilled alcoholic drink that derives its predominant flavor from juniper berries, began as an herbal medicine. Gin emerged in England after the introduction of the jenever, a Dutch and Belgian liquor.
Well, hot damn! Gin started out as medicine. Now, it’s not prescribed by a doctor, it’s prescribed by anyone and everyone who appreciates the finer things in life (like you).
After many years of random gin selection taking place in isle three of some random liquor store, justice has been restored to the liquor that is finally getting the respect it deserves.
The most professional, sophisticated and delicious of all liquors, gin, finally has a subscription service for you, The Gin Venture.
Taste the finest juniper berries this side of the planet with every delivery.
No more hoping it was prescribed to you by a doctor, 1537 style.
No more standing in the liquor style isle wondering, “Is this bathtub corn mash or good quality gin?”
This is the finest gin, every time, with the pedigree you’d expect from a delivery service that does nothing but focus on quality.
Start your subscription today and be content in the fact that there is, in fact, an artform to gin - it’s history so long, storied and excellent - and you’ll be tasting the best of the best with each and every delivery.
No questions asked. No prescription needed.
Sure, maybe you have some questions. Well, no problem. We have answers.
Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions:
- I love high quality gin, is this actually good, or does it taste like the business end of an old Civil War soldiers boot?
- Fantastic question. It actually is delicious. We promise. We know, because we’ve tasted it. Our delivery service only provides the most unique and wonderfully delectable gin. No boot flavor, guaranteed.
- We all know that the Gin Act of 1736 imposed high taxes on retailers and led to riots in the streets. The prohibitive duty was gradually reduced and finally abolished in 1742. Will riots happen if I order from your subscription service?
- Fortunately, no! We can guarantee that by ordering from our gin subscription service, no riots will take place in the streets. Only happy riots...in your belly...from delicious gin.
- In tropical British colonies gin was used to mask the bitter flavour of quinine, which was the only effective anti-malarial compound. Does your gin have anything to do with this?
- Now you’re being crazy. No. No gin these days has anything to do with medicine, malaria or whatever weirdness happened pre-1900. Look, gin is awesome. That’s why we offer it. If you have some sort of pre-human history affliction, we’re pretty sure some other bootleg liquor might be your better option. Gin is simply tasty and refined deliciousness.
Jump on the gin bandwagon, taste the deliciousness, and get to know what the most amazing gin on the planet tastes like. It’s here. It’s amazing. It’s gin.