The Missing Link is back, after being recommended by Gin Venturists last year. This has been chosen by myself (Patrick) to start the year and celebrate our one year anniversary. It has been a crazy year with lots of ups and downs but we should take the time to enjoy the happy moments and I feel this gin does just that. This one for me takes me back to the summer, sitting in the garden relaxing, BBQing and enjoying good company.
Aroma (Neat): Fresh and Sweet Lychee.
Taste (Neat): Fresh Lychee at the fore, Juniper backbone with orange throughout. Full and sweet finish.
Aroma (With Lemonade): Lychee, Lemon and Orange.
Taste (With Lemonade): Preferred with lemonade, as the sweetness of the gin pairs well with a sweeter mixer. Gets mostly Lychee with almost brown sugar sweetness, drink of the summer!
Garnish: Not required, Sweet enough but you can always top it off with your favourite garnish.
Here is the summer cocktail to help take you back to those happy times 🙂
- 1 lime
- 25ml simple syrup*
- 50ml The Missing Link
- 20 mint leaves
- 125ml Soda Water
- 5 ice cubes
- Slice the lime in half. Cut one of the halves into small wedges and drop them into a pint-sized mason jar.
- Squeeze the juice of the other half into the mason jar.
- Add 15 mint leaves, the ice cubes, the simple syrup and then The Missing Link. Screw on the lid.
- Shake the mason jar vigorously for 1 minute. The jar will become very cold and frosty (this is good)!
- Unscrew the lid, then add the soda water and remaining mint leaves. Enjoy immediately!
*Simple syrup – the ratio is 1:1 granulated sugar to water. Combine the sugar and water, and bring it to a boil (stove-top in a pot, or in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave) and then stir it until the sugar has melted. Let the simple syrup cool in the fridge, and then use as needed.
This Gin, Just Got Social.